INSTITUTION: University of Belgrade, Faculty of Economics and Business
TITLE: Full Professor
AREAS OF PROFESSIONAL AND RESEARCH INTEREST: marketing, marketing management, brand management, services marketing and management, customer relationship management, consumer behaviour
Saša Veljkovıć graduated in 1997 with a PhD in 2005 at the University of Belgrade – Faculty of Economics and Business. He has been employed at the Faculty of Economics and Business in Belgrade since 1998. He was appointed Full Professor in 2016. Courses taught on the undergraduate level: Marketing, Services Marketing, and Customer Relationship Management. Master and PhD courses: Strategic Marketing, Brand Management, Marketing 1D, Marketing Management.
Honours, stipends, and awards
- The scholarship for talented students of the Ministry of Science and Technology of the Republic of Serbia 1993/94, 1994/95
- The scholarship for talented pupils and students of the Municipality of Paraćin, 1994/95, 1995/96
- Winner of the Awards of Markplan and the Faculty of Economics and Business as the best student of the Faculty of Economics and Business in Belgrade on the major course of Marketing in the school year of 1996/97
- Winner of the Best Serbian book in the field of marketing in 2010 and 2011 award (for the book Brand Management) – Magazine TABOO and partners
- President of the Serbian Marketing Association
Memberships and other activities
- Member of the Serbian Marketing association, Serbian Scientific association of Economists, and American Marketing Association
- Member of the editorial board of the journals 1. Marketing (Publishers: Serbian Marketing Association & University of Belgrade – Faculty of Economics and Business), 2. Ekonomske ideje i praksa (Publisher: University of Belgrade – Faculty of Economics and Business), 3. Strategic Management (Publisher: University of Novi Sad – Faculty of Economics in Subotica)
- Member of the National Council for Consumer Protection of the Republic of Serbia (Government of the Republic of Serbia)
- Member of the Council for Deciding on the Right to Use the Collective Trademark “Čuvarkuća” (the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Serbia)
- Training and Innovative Courses / In-house courses, with more than 80 presentations, lectures, and workshops regarding marketing, services marketing, brand management, promotion, consumer behaviour, and pharmaceutical marketing.
- Rich experience in consulting activities
- Long-term cooperation with the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Serbia
Participant and leader of several business projects and domestic and international research projects, including IPA and Horizon projects. He published several monographs, textbooks, and scientific articles in Serbia and abroad.
PANACEA AND ME:
PANACEA is a special challenge and inspiration for me. While I stand firmly in marketing (and communication and dissemination), my primary responsibilities in the project team, I am making strides into a new area and concept of the Sharing Economy. With a great team of young researchers, who are already excellent experts in their fields, I am entering some new fields of knowledge and research. As a team, we learn from the world’s best experiences, but also from each other, to apply everything and share it with different stakeholders. Multidisciplinary research, the combination of science and practice, the transfer of world experiences in the field of the Sharing Economy, and the creation of a basis for strengthening the sharing community are just some of the reasons why PANACEA is a worthy research project. As a result, something good and useful can be done for the academic community, entrepreneurs, companies, institutions, consumers, and society.